Tier 2 & 4 Sponsorship License Applications

Tier 2 & 4 Sponsorship License ApplicationsSponsorshipThe concept of sponsorship is at the heart of the points-based system. If you want to employ a migrant worker, you must be their sponsor during their stay in the UK (unless they are coming here for 6 months or less in certain circumstances). And before you can sponsor a migrant, you must obtain a sponsor licence.Before you apply for a licence, you should check whether you are eligible to be a sponsor, and ensure that you have the right human resource (HR) systems in place to comply with your sponsorship duties.The points-based system only covers migrants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. If you want to employ an EEA or Swiss national, you should be able to do this without needing our permission - but there are some restrictions on nationals of countries that have recently joined the EEA.Migrants in any tier except Tier 1 must be sponsored before they can apply to us. If a UK organisation wants to sponsor a migrant under Tier 2, Tier 4 or Tier 5 (Temporary workers), they must apply to us for a sponsor licence.Under Tier 2 and Tier 5 (Temporary workers), the sponsor must be an employer based in the UK. Under Tier 4, the sponsor must be an education provider.Migrants who want to come to the UK under Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme) do not need to be sponsored by a UK employer.

 0203 137 6465

 [email protected]

Want to Ask ?