Marriage Visitor Visa

Marriage Visitor VisaIf you want to come to the UK to get married or register a civil partnership, and you and your partner intend to leave the country within 6 months, you can apply for a visa as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership.

If you want to live in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership ceremony, you cannot come here as a visitor

  • To come to the UK as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership, you must also be able to show that:
  • You are 18 or over;
  • You intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months;
  • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • You intend to get married or register a civil partnership during your visit;
  • You have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
  • You can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
  • You are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).


You must produce evidence, if asked, of the arrangements for your wedding or civil partnership ceremony in the UK.

You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

Take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;

  • Do a course of study;
  • Carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or
  • Receive private medical treatment.


You will be able to marry or register a civil partnership in any location licensed for this purpose.

You should provide documents to show that you meet the above requirements.

 0203 137 6465

 [email protected]

Want to Ask ?