Entertainer Visitor Visa

Entertainer Visitor Visa

If you want to visit the UK for a short time to take part in some major arts festivals, music competitions and charity events, you may be able to come here as an entertainer visitor. You can come to the UK as an entertainer visitor if you are:

  • Taking part in a music competition as a professional entertainer
  • An internationally famous person taking part in broadcasts or public appearances, provided you are not being paid
  • Taking part in an audition, provided this is not in front of an audience (either paying or non-paying)
  • An amateur entertainer coming for a specific engagement as an individual performer
  • Part of a group of amateur entertainers (such as a choir or youth orchestra) coming for a specific engagement
  • A professional entertainer taking part in a charity concert or show, provided the organizers are not making a profit and you are receiving no fee
  • An amateur or professional entertainer taking part in a cultural event sponsored by a government or recognized international organization, or a major arts festival
  • A member of the technical or support staff (such as a dietician, bodyguard or press officer) of amateur or professional entertainers, attending for the same event
  • An official (such as a choreographer, stage manager or designer) attending the same event as the entertainer


You must be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

  • Take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public
  • Do a course of study
  • Marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
  • Receive private medical treatment.


You must also be able to show that:

  • You are 18 or over
  • You intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months
  • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • You have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends
  • You can meet the cost of the return or onward journey
  • You are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).


You must decide which documents will best support your application. We advise you to consider providing documents that contain:

  • Information about you
  • Information about your finances and employment
  • Your accommodation and travel details
  • Information about your visit to the UK

 0203 137 6465

 [email protected]

Want to Ask ?